Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Water and electric... ...




Monday was "glue water pipe together" day. 340 feet of 2 inch PVC - that's the line of white running up the hill. I thought it would be easy, but the pipe acts like it doesn't want to get glued, and pushes apart, then the glue dries and you have to scrape it off and start all over again. Holding two 10' pieces of PVC level, while working on a hill, is also very fun. I would recommend it to anyone. But, it's done. (yay!)

The backhoe man came at 7 a.m. Tuesday morning to dig the trench! (Backhoe guys make $90.00 an hour! I never would have guessed). By 2 p.m. the trench was full of pipe, my spot was flat, and the septic pipes were underground! I am so grateful for the backhoe - I can not imagine digging 340' of 2' deep trench with a shovel. And then filling it up again.
Feels like the hardest part is done. We have water, and electric... almost time to actually build a house!

2 comments:

Megs said...

Where is this house? You're not in New York anymore? I feel out of the loop...but it seems like you are doing awesome! Kudos!

adrian said...

Very Exciting. So there's no outhouse then.... bummer