Friday, August 24, 2007

All done...For now.












Four walls, a door, a ceiling, a floor...how could I ever ask for more? Well, a tiolet would be nice, at some point, maybe a deck. But, for now, we're done. The last month or so was crazy. Siding happened, and the roof appeared (magically!) and shingles were nailed, doors were installed, I nailed lots of trim and smeared caulk until my fingers hurt. I chose a silly color for the external walls - looks like the easter bunny came by with a spary gun. But, it's all sealed up, weather-proofed and will be okay until I can get back to the west with some more money.







Huge thanks and gratitude to everyone who made it happen! It's a real house! Just a few short months ago it was a drawing, a million ideas, and a sculpture project. Thanks Megan (aka earth poker-breaker queen) and Kelly who came all the way from the big NYC and helped make a floor. Thanks brother Zayne of the awsome shorts for coming from London-town and becoming a master framer. Thanks brother Jai for all the window putting-in and shingle hauling up the ladder. Thanks Michael David Wright and Spencer for coming out in the hot hot heat to move big scary glass doors up a little scary hill on my food-poisioning day (I couldn't really get up off the floor, never mind pretend to be super strong). Thanks Adrian for moving shingles and jumping around for a great photo! Thanks Paula-mom for all of the superb measuring, cutting, tool handing, moral support and burritos! Massive thanks to Mr. Dave Nourie who always showed up with gusto right at the moment when I really really wanted to take a nap! And for helping make the roof magically appear...Thanks Sara for all the feeding of all the people, especially me...and for the endless supply of Kombucha, which I adored for a good long while. And most most most of all thanks to my Dad-ryl, without whom there would be no little house on the hill at all.

No comments: